The Ball Bot May 4, 2011
I’ve started a new robot project! This will be one of the most challenges personal projects I’ve embarked on. I have the following goals:
- designed to be a flexible software test platform
- mechanical design from scratch in SolidWorks, manufactured from G10
- low level control through off-the-shelve electronics including an Arduino, SparkFun Quadstepper motor controller, ITG-3200 Gyro, and BMA180 Accelerometer
- high-level control through mini-ITX computer onboard running ROS
- 2D SLAM w/ ROS gmapping by simulating a laser range finder with the Kinect and IMU
Update: All development on this project has stopped with all efforts being diverted to the Mecanumbot.